Saturday 23 October 2010

Weird e-mails

This is a lazy post inspired by Emily Macintosh's blog My life on Match and more I received a few years ago the following introductory mail from a gentlemen who's pictured him in his Sunday suit in front of what looked like a mansion:

Dear L'Amoureuse,

I am contacting you, further to your entry in this on-line directory, as I consider that we have much in common, and would like to get to know you better - on that basis, let me introduce myself.

I am thirty years old, and live in the South Downs on the Surrey/Hampshire/West Sussex border near Haslemere; I commute daily into London, although frequently work from home. I work in public and Parliamentary affairs as a researcher, and have a long interest in current affairs. 

I am a musician in my spare time, and play the piano and organ. I also enjoy reading, going to the theatre and attending musical concerts (and opera). My interest in sport is primarily as a spectator, and I am a regular attendee at rugby, horse-racing and cricket fixtures. I am a member of my village cricket club, and play a few Sunday games during the season. However, I am just as happy relaxing at home, or enjoying good conversation over a glass of wine. I appreciate the beauty of the countryside, and travel as often as I am able. 

I hope that you consider that there is some significant synergy between us, and that there is merit in exploring getting to know each other better. 

I wish you well, in either case, and look forward to hearing from you. 

With every best wish,

Faithfully, 

Neil. x




Needless to say that I didn't find much in common with the gentlemen but did feel that I may have stepped in time... XV century anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment