Thursday 9 September 2010

J'ai deux amours...

Like Josephine Baker sang so nicely in her song "J'ai deux amour..." I too have two loves... Except, where she spoke of her country and Paris, I am thinking Mr Smile and Mr C...
The first one, with his lovely smile and sparking eyes, makes me want to break all the Rules. Ask him out, kiss him and... more. He lend me an amazing book that I read in 3 days, most days we caught up over lunch or tea  and would discuss where I was at and how we had each interpreted it. On many occasion I felt he was close to ask me out, yet, nothing. Every time he passes my office he gives a quick glance in and gives me a smile, I reciprocate. Yet, nothing. I am thinking that his nearing 6 months trip abroad might be the reason to his reticence. One should see.
The other part of my love triangle, with his cheekiness and flirtatiousness, well, let's just say that he knows how to make me blush and has now proved that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach; as I caught him in the kitchenette eyeing a birthday cake left there by one of our colleagues, I mentioned that he should have some, that cake was just too lovely to pass and we went on to talk about my cake that he had liked so much the previous week. "We just don't get to try enough of your cakes". So I promised some more for Monday, as it happens I have bought all the ingredients for a recipe I haven't tried yet, and yes, he has volunteered to be my guinea pig. How very kind of him.
In the meantime, it sure makes going to work far more interesting!

I leave you with my good friend Josephine Baker, J'ai Deux Amour.


No comments:

Post a Comment