Sunday 29 August 2010

Day dreaming

When I was a little girl my mum would read me stories of princess being whisked away by a beautiful prince on a white horse. As I grew up this is what I was kind of hoping for in real life. Of course as I past my teens I came to realise that at best my prince charming would have a nice car Peugeot 205 was the cool car of the day.
Since I moved to London my nan has been the one doing the day dreaming for me. She has kept a picture of Prince William on her wall with the secret hope that her favourite granddaughter might actually marry him.
Today for the first time in a long time I found myself back day dreaming, only now I am not hoping for a white horse or even a Peugeot 205 (I'm pretty sure that teens nowadays wouldn't even now what a 205 is...), just for a ring. After my ex I promised myself not to look again at engagement rings, they felt jinxed. But the same way as I have given up believing in Fairy tales, the whole black magic should no longer be part of my core believes and so I went on to a jewellery website and started picking rings. Well I surely could not choose just one, after all, once I meet The One, he must have a chance to make some kind of decision in choosing The Ring, a very guided decision of course. One would not want to walk around for the rest of her life with a ridiculous ring.
Ok, maybe I should re-phrase: L'Amoureuse would not want to spend the rest of her life with a ridiculous ring...

No comments:

Post a Comment