Sunday 15 August 2010

L'Amoureuse & the stars...

I have never been one for horoscopes, most of the time I would just ignore them. Until...
I picked up a copy of the Metro at my station on my way to work the other day. I had finished my book and needed something to entertain me on the way there. I usually only manage to go as far as the middle of the paper. This time I picked it up again at lunch time and running out of thing to read on it, without going into the sport section I decided for a laugh to read my horoscope. To my surprise, that's what it read:
"Your Love life has been sending you some very confusing signals to late. In fact you must be dizzy with the amount of activity that has been taking place around you lately, my friend."
Quick look back at the few days leading to this:

  • Date with Ned,
  • Colleague unveiling who has a "secret" crush on me at work, Mr Snag
  • Me turning bright red in front of my client, on a daily basis... Mr C
  • Courier calling out in the street, as I come out of my office in my full builders gear, "Hello Gorgeous!".

Maybe I spent my life reading the wrong horoscope? Maybe I should give this one a go???

The following day I went out for lunch with my colleague and over some sushi she asks me when I am going to put Mr Snag out of his misery. I didn't think I was putting him into any misery, he hasn't acknowledge to me that he liked me or wanted to take me out, I am treating him like a colleague. She went on to tell me what happened a couple of days before whilst I was out of the office. He stormed into our tiny office with a joyful "Bonjour! Comment ca va?" then looked in and my colleagues pointed out that I wasn't in. Him: "Ooooh... (pause) G'day!" (one of my colleague is Australian). Bless. He is quite sweet... and quite young. Early twenties.
When we got back in the office I felt the urge to check whether the horoscope would be as spot on as the previous day and fetch my copy of Metro.
 "You're toying with a certain person's emotions. The moon is pushing you into mischief and you don't seem to be putting up too much of a fight. Set a guideline, know how far is too far."
Seriously? How did they pull this one off 2 days in a row?
I swear, I am not making that up! And I am the most septic person when it comes to horoscopes! But you have to admit that their timing was incredible!
Let's see what's Monday edition will come up with...

No comments:

Post a Comment