Tuesday 31 August 2010

I know what you did last Thursday ... Or not...

Today was my first day back to work after a lovely long weekend.  And the first discussion I had with one of my colleagues went that way:
Him: "Have you heard any goss?"
Me: "No. What goss?"
Him: "I heard some goss about you!", followed by a girly giggle...
Me, playing naive: "Really? Because my weekend was very quiet"
Him: "I didn't mean your weekend! I meant last Thursday!"
Me: "I know... So I guess someone told you that a gentleman walked me back to the Tube Station, but unlike your source, we each went our own way and so we both turned up on Friday with clean clothes and not wearing exactly the same shirt and trousers we wore the day before... I think you need to choose better sources..."
Him, slightly embarrassed: "Ooohh...."
Ah, ah!

A bit later I asked the other half of the gossip, Mr Smile, whether he had heard the latest bit of goss in the office (all in good humour). He smiled (so cute) and told me not to pay any attention to it that our colleague was good at starting gossip (always innocent ones). God he is soooo cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment